Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
nircia921
My Device: curve 8360

bbm abuse

Hello everyone!

i think someone has stolen  my bbm pin or have been sending sarcastic/sexual messages from my bbm account. how can i stop that in the future?

thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: bbm abuse

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The sole interface to BBM is the BB...and only your BB. Each PIN is unique to one and only one BB. Are you sure that someone isn't getting their hands on your BB when you are not looking. You should activate a device lock password right away just in case that's the issue.

Are you sure those BBM messages are actually coming from what appears to be your account? Is the PIN the same or just the display name? Each user can control their display name, and I don't think there is any duplication elimination for those as there is for the actual PIN

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Marlize
My Device: Curve 8250

Hi how do i report some one who is harrassing me on bbm? if i delete him he keeps re inviting me
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Marlize wrote:
Hi how do i report some one who is harrassing me on bbm? if i delete him he keeps re inviting me

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I don't think that there is, at RIM or the Carriers, any reporting system for that. You can try your mobile service provider as well as your local law enforcement. Otherwise, just ignoring the invites should prevent you from receiving any actual messages. Short of that, changing out your device so as to change your BB PIN would be a next step as well...maybe you mobile service provider will be willing to help you with that?

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
breathless451
My Device: blackberry 9320

Hello everyone I would like to report someone who is extreamly abuse and rasict I have a screen shot with is pin that state one down to more to go and hey uses the k word constanly in his chats is there any way he can be blocked or warned by rim please help me I hate racism on bbm because no1 does anything about it
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

breathless451 wrote:
Hello everyone I would like to report someone who is extreamly abuse and rasict I have a screen shot with is pin that state one down to more to go and hey uses the k word constanly in his chats is there any way he can be blocked or warned by rim please help me I hate racism on bbm because no1 does anything about it

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When you scroll up and read this thread, I believe that you will find that your question has already been asked and answered. Not perhaps the answer you want, but the answer nonetheless.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
breathless451
My Device: blackberry 9320

There's gotta be something we can do other than that after all what is the point of celebrating mandelas life if we do not destory all who go against his vision of a unitted south africa and earth