Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sharon77
My Device: bold
Accepted Solution

bbm update

i recently done an update for bbm now i cant get in have tried restting password but to no avail keeps asking me to put in user id for this smartphone but it wont accept it 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: bbm update

Hi Sharon77

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

This newer version of BBM integrates with your our BlackBerry ID that we have set on that device , You have to remember the Correct username and the password associated  with that device , By the way is it a used device or a new one ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharon77

it was a brand new one i got on contract for my son two years ago  the user name and password is letting me do updates in blackberry world  using username and password but wont let me use bbm 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi sharon77

Can you try to reset your password once again , check this knowledge base :  KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

Also do you have a backup of your device ? I fear because If your device did not  accept the username then you have to wipe it and  have to use a new BlackBerry ID.

So please try to reset your password and try that again.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharon77

it does keep coming up with a yahoo email address but we dont have a yahoo address or password and wondered why a yahoo email address was coming up 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharon77

dont have back up but if need to reset to get bbm back up and running then that will have to be the case as it keeps asking me for username associated with this smartphone but when i put it in it tells me its wrong 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi sharon77

As I suspected ! if it not a used device then someone might have  changed the BlackBerry ID on that device, So if you are unable to recall anything you have to reset it , If you are using BlackBerry Protect you can restore your data from there . please follow this Knowledge Base for futher help :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

Please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharon77

hi im not having any joy with this blackberry do u know how to restore to factory settings as i say its my sons phone i use an iphone lol not used with blackberry

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

sharon77 wrote:

hi im not having any joy with this blackberry do u know how to restore to factory settings as i say its my sons phone i use an iphone lol not used with blackberry

Hey Sharon77

Sorry but I am a huge BlackBerry® lover as your son is   :smileyhappy:   The Knowledge Base I suggested above its is enough to resolve your issue , but still if you want to reset it to factory setting then try any of those Knowledge Base :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB18998  :  How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults.

Good luck .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharon77

got it reset and set up new acount thanks very much for your help most apreciated 

Please use plain text.