Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

laureenpaynee98
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320

bbm upgrade

Hi,I was hoping someone could help, I've just got another bb and I had bbm and it was all fine then I upgraded bbm, it said it was setting it up then it went to a blue screen, I can no longer access my bbm and can't even get rid of it, I have rebooted my phone 5 times and there has been no change, pls help?!
New Contributor
MeetJunx
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220

Re: bbm upgrade

Same problem here. I downloaded bbm 7 on BlackBerry World and then when I rebooted my phone the blackberr will only show a blue screen. Does curve 9220 support bbm 7?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

MeetJunx wrote:

Same problem here. I downloaded bbm 7 on BlackBerry World and then when I rebooted my phone the blackberr will only show a blue screen. Does curve 9220 support bbm 7?

Hi MeetJunx

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Your Curve 9220 supports BBM7 , But can you confirm if you have BlackBerry Data Plan in your account ? let us know. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
MeetJunx

What do you mean by having a blackberry data plan? im sorry

But this is from a plan from my carrier which is globe. it is worth 698 pesos it has 99 pesos for unli bbm if thats what you mean. But im not using the sim which has 99 pesos for bbm since it still has no signal im currently using the old sim. Is that the problem?

Elite II
prince2012

MeetJunx wrote:

What do you mean by having a blackberry data plan? im sorry

But this is from a plan from my carrier which is globe. it is worth 698 pesos it has 99 pesos for unli bbm if thats what you mean. But im not using the sim which has 99 pesos for bbm since it still has no signal im currently using the old sim. Is that the problem?

Hi MeetJunx

Those Data Plan are needed to use BlackBerry Messenger in our BlackBerry, and our Carrier activate those plan in our SIM account , if you use a different SIM then it will not allow you those BlackBerry Services. So switch to the Original SIM in which your Carrier Globe has activated those plans.

Regarding signal problem , you can call your Carrier Globe to know about the issue they will provide you all support.

Thanks.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
MeetJunx

Oh okay thank you very much sir.

So what you are telling me is if I will use the sim which I paid 99 pesos is the one that will solve my problem?

If I use the sim will the blue screen in my downloaded bbm 7 be activated? Will I be able to use it then? Or I wont?

Elite II
prince2012

MeetJunx wrote:

Oh okay thank you very much sir.

So what you are telling me is if I will use the sim which I paid 99 pesos is the one that will solve my problem?

If I use the sim will the blue screen in my downloaded bbm 7 be activated? Will I be able to use it then? Or I wont?

Hello MeetJunx

YES ! You have to use the SIM in which you have those BlackBerry Plans activated from your Carrier , But if you're having problem with BlackBerry Messenger then you can try those steps .

I also suggest the Original OP laureenpaynee98 who is also having the problem after Updating BBM to try those Steps :

To do that first , On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min.  and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Also note that you should have an active SIM in which you have Active BlackBerry Data Plan / Social Plan  or else it will not work.

Try it and let us know.

New Contributor
MeetJunx

Oh okay sir thank you very much for your help. I have tried those steps but it didnt work. I will try again with the sim which the plan is activated and I will come back to this thread and i'll let you know so others would also know

Elite II
prince2012

MeetJunx wrote:

Oh okay sir thank you very much for your help. I have tried those steps but it didnt work. I will try again with the sim which the plan is activated and I will come back to this thread and i'll let you know so others would also know

Hi MeetJunx

You have to try those using a SIM in which you have active BlackBerry Plan , otherwise it will not work. So try it using the valid SIM and keep us Updated :smileyhappy:

Good luck.

New Contributor
MeetJunx

I got the signal from my sim yesterday and bbm 7 works fine. It just need the bbm service from the sim :smileyhappy: