Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nicki_barb
My Carrier: Meteor

bbm

the option to back up my contacts dissappeared when i updated my bbm to my phone, is there another way to back up contacts?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bbm

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

One of the features of the latest BBM is that it backs up your BBM contacts for you...refer to the description on the AppWorld catalog page:

• BlackBerry ID Integration – Simplifies OS and device upgrades.  Device switches are as simple as entering your BlackBerry ID when you first open BBM, and your BBM profile, contacts, and groups are instantly available on your new device.

Hence, the prior method of BBM contact backup/restore was rendered moot, and removed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicki_barb
My Carrier: Meteor

this doesnt help me, i want to know how to back up contacts in case the get deleted, the option to back up contacts was there before but when i upgraded to the new bbm voice the option to back up dissappeared

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Perhaps you do not understand what was posted above...let me try and rephrase for you. The prior method for BBM contact backup/restore IS GONE, and has been REPLACED by a passive "cloud" based method, where they are automatically backed up for you, and attached to your BB ID. Restoration is now a matter of logging the BB into the same BB ID so that the backed up BBM contacts can be retrieved from "the cloud" and restored to the BB.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.