Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Colerhe
My Device: Curve 8520

best way to delete apps?

What's the best way to delete an app off of by bb? Is it better to delete it directly off the phone or better to hook it up to my pc and use the desktop software?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: best way to delete apps?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Before deleting anything it's always important to do a full device backup using the desktop manager.

If the app provides reports make sure you have all the data you needed, and make sure you know where is was stored Check the type of application core, required or optional. Check the the status of the application is it core, required or additional followed by a check of the permissions assigned.

I feel comfortable deleting required or personal apps by holding down the icon and then deleting it

Any time a Core app is involved I would use desktop manager. Along with the previous info learn what section and what functions it provides the OS. The other reason is an unattended "finger poke" that happens to everybody. :Sweatdrop:

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB29085 How to navigate the Options menu on BlackBerry smartphones using BlackBerry Device Software 5.0

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.