Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
horvy6
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: orange

blackberry 8520 I can not call or write sms

I can not call or write sms, mobile network signal and my phone shows sim card is fine in another phone works

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry 8520 I can not call or write sms

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Is it possible that your BB remains locked to another carrier? If so, that would explain this behavior...refer:

Otherwise, your SIM could be incompatible with your BB...for which you would need to talk to your SIM provider.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
horvy6

probably not, I have to display the network name and Sigal, I know what it can be.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummm...sorry, I did not quite understand what you meant there...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
horvy6

phone is not blocked,he shows me Lebara mobile network to display,and settings of the SIM card is-sim disabled,network disabled,network subset disabled,service provider disabled,corporate disabled

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummmm...OK...so I think that confirms the first half of what I said in post 2 above...that the BB is indeed not locked to any carrier, and should therefore work with any compatible SIM.

Therefore, that leaves the 2nd half of what I said up there...you need to check that part out next.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.