Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

blackberry 8900 google maps and email application

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have got a new blackberry from AT&T on the early June in the USA, I do not have a data plan. 

The problem is: 1,after I downloaded google email application by wireless, I cannot install it. "This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength and connection settings and then restart application", 

2.after i downloaded maps, When installing,  "data connection lost"

What is the root of the two problems? Is it because I changed the configuration? 

[In "default browser configuration"I switched "hotspot browser" on. In "default WAP browser configuration" I switched "community" on.

In TCP/IP: APN: wap.cingular

username for APN: wap@cingulargprs.com

password: cingular1 

I do these things above according to the information I searched on the internet, but I do not know about it at all.] 

By the way, i can browser internet with configuration above.  

what should I do to reset my connection to use the two applications? Please help! 

Message Edited by Rachelgao1 on 06-10-2009 12:35 AM
Message Edited by Rachelgao1 on 06-10-2009 12:40 AM
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: blackberry 8900 google maps and email application

Sorry you need a data plan for email and maps.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V