Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: mobinil

blackberry 9300 software update issues

i have a blackberry curver 9300 running software 6 and i was just updating to a new bundle using desktop manager. after downloading the modules, the phone shut down then i get a message on the pc "device driver software was not successfully installed" and the reason written beside is "device unplugged" then further steps were completed and the phone restarted and the restore took place. but the drivers software error message was still there.

when the device restarted, it said that it is a new device and it asked me if i wanted to move e-mail accounts!

then when i tried the BBM, it asked for an update so i did it. i disconnected teh phone from teh pc and i let it restart after teh bbm update,

as it restarted, it asked for my blackberry ID and password to trasfer my account information. and i got my bbm back, but the e-mail kept asking me if i wanted to move the mail to the new device and when i click "move" it failed. i had to go to the website of my service provider and validate teh mail account again after confirming my bb pin, then the mail appeared again on my device.

then i connected the phone to the pc and it was normally read by the desktop manager

my questions:

1- why did i get the software driver software error in teh beginning and did this affect teh installation in any way?

2- why did it consider it a new device and i had to confirm my bb pin again with the service provider?

this didn't happen the last time i updated the bundle.