Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jaidenslot
My Device: curve 9300

blackberry 9300 trackpad

Hi

my daughter has a blackberry curve 9300 and the trackpad has developed a fault.  When you press up it goes down or to the side or if it does go up it keeps on going.  The blackberry is under 12 months old and bought from kandco catalogue but they've given me a help number to blackberry but i have been trying for over a week and can't get through.  I am just trying to find out if this would be covered by warranty

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: blackberry 9300 trackpad

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

Since no one here is party to your contract, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority. Further, your escalation path is not here, in these user-to-user forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...even if they seem to have so far fobbed you off...you see, since BB conducts no warranty service directly, being referred to try and contact them directly indeed is (IMHO) fobbing you off.

Unless, of course, your reseller was not an authorized channel...in which case you indeed may have no warranty at all...but only they (your reseller) can answer that question since they are the only entity with which you have a contract. So I recommend persisting with them to determine if indeed they are an authorized reseller and secondly exactly what your warranty coverage and support methods are...for those are determined at the time of purchase, as part of your original purchase contract.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code