Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380

blackberry I'd won't work

Hi
I hope sum1 can help me,I have a BB Curve 9380,touch, my BBID won't work, when I go to bbapworld,it says ot requires the latest version of bbid,when I choose update,it won't update and when I choose close,it says something about a error. I also can't acces my BBID in the setup options,when I click on the bbid it won't activate...plz help me,can't download anything
Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: blackberry I'd won't work

[ Edited ]

Hello wipster

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Those recent version of BlackBerry World need the most recent version of BlackBerry ID software .When you try to Update your BlackBerry ID Software did you recieve any Error Message if yes can you provide the complete error message ?

Are you able to browse Internet through your BlackBerry Browser ?

Let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi
Thnx for the reply.. Yes I can browse the internet with the blacberry browser and when I open BB appworld,it gives me 2 options,update or cancel..when I choose update it gives the following massage: Sorry there is no compatible version of BBID at this time and that the application(BBAppworld) may have limited functionity without the latest version of BBID.
When I choose cancel it says the following: BBID installation failed. Please try again later.(80002). The BBID icon in the setup menu is also inactive, when I select it, nothing happens.
Elite II

Hi wipster

If  that is the situation then first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > On that screen Press the Menu Key > Click on Check for Updates . You can do it over your Mobile network if it fails then locate an wifi and do it over wifi with both Mobile Network and wifi on . 

If it fails then you can delete BlackBerry World , for that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and Delete BlackBerry World from there . Then perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On.

After reboot from your BlackBerry Then from your BlackBerry Browser go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download the latest BlackBerry World on your device. Once it is done perform another Battery pull rebbot. After reboot On your device Open BlackBerry World , it will prompt you to Install the latest BlackBerry ID software.Try Installing the Update .

But while doing so be sure that you are in a good network coverage arrea .Inaddition to the above you can also refer to this Knowledge Base which has helped many user regarding this error :

• KB29613 : The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

So try it and let us know. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I tried everything....nothing worked....I'm really frustrated at the moment...why won't the icon that says blackberry ID,work or activate when I click on it ?
Elite II

Hi wipster

Have you tried those over wifi network  and are you able to use other BlackBerry Data Services like BBM , Emails etc.

Lets us know. 

New Contributor

No...not wifi...and yes bbm and the other services are working...it looks like only those that require bbid don't work,like bbappworld,bb protect...etc.
Elite II

Hi wipster

If BlackBerry ID software update fails over Mobile network then please try it over wifi network , Go through the Knowledge Base and try those suggestion . It has helped many and I am it will help you also .

New Contributor

Hi, I tried updating via wifi...but got the same results and also tried all thr knowledge base suggestions. Also when I go to options>divice...there's no blacberry I'd...icon or option..and I checked on a friends bb 9380 and its there...could that be the problem,should BBID not be installed?
Elite II

Hello wipster

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status ?