Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: Abby

blackberry ID

Hey

I am trying to download whattsapp on my 8520 via app world it required my username and password before carrying on with the download.
I know my username is my email bt I forgot my password, and the answer to the question which I have to answer in order to retrieve my password.
Is there any other way I can retrieve my password without having to answer the question?
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry ID

Hi Mpenduko

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you know the Username or the Email of your BlackBerry ID the try this KB to reset your BlackBerry ID password :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 2 8520
My Carrier: airtel ng

hi team, i have the same problem. i have tried going through the suggested KB but it keeps send the response code to the email add that i dont know the password, what do i do next? it is possible to completely delete the existing id and doing a reset?

Elite II

tarela wrote:

hi team, i have the same problem. i have tried going through the suggested KB but it keeps send the response code to the email add that i dont know the password, what do i do next? it is possible to completely delete the existing id and doing a reset?

Hello tarela

Welcome to Support Forums

Are you unable to reset the password of that email address that you used as your BlackBerry ID ?

If you are unable , then you have to perform a Security wipe to add a new BlackBerry ID to associate with your device , So if you want that , then first do a Backup of your device for help refer to this Article 

Once you have your Backup follow this Knowledge Base :

• KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option

After a wipe use your new new BlackBerry ID .Also read this KB which might help while Creating a BlackBerry ID.

KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID

Please note while using a new BlackBerry ID you may loose access to any paid apps.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince

Thanx a lot for your efforts but the link that you gave me only has different options on how to change password and they all require the answer to the security question, which one has to use when one has forgotten one's password, which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Elite II

Mpenduko wrote:
Hi Prince

Thanx a lot for your efforts but the link that you gave me only has different options on how to change password and they all require the answer to the security question, which one has to use when one has forgotten one's password, which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Hi Mpenduko

Which section you are looking ! for your help I am doing a Copy paste of the above KB , From a desktop browser Go to BlackBerry ID website just follow it ,Enter the BlackBerry ID email address and the CAPTCHA characters , it does not prompts you to answer the security question that you earlier set. 

Here it is :

To generate a password reset email, please follow these steps:

1. Browse to the following location using the BlackBerry Browser or desktop browser: http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword.
  2. Enter the BlackBerry ID email address and the CAPTCHA characters, then click Submit.
  3. A confirmation message will display A password reset email has been sent to email@domain.com, at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the associated email address' inbox.
  4. Login to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the internet on a computer or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet.
  5. Locate the BlackBerry ID password reset email in the inbox and select the link within the email.
  6. The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com. If the email is not found in the inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.
  7. When the password reset page loads, enter the new password along with a confirmation of that new password. Then click Submit.
  8. A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.

Note: If the BlackBerry ID email address is a BlackBerry mail address (eg. <username>@tmo.blackberry.net), the BlackBerry ID password reset email will not be received on the BlackBerry smartphone. Since the BlackBerry mail address is not accessible from a computer, the steps outlined in KB28111 will need to be performed.

Please try it again.

New Contributor

Hi Prince

When I get to the second last step number 7, where I have to type in a password it first prompts me to answer the security question, then the new password and when I press submit, it says I have exceeded my attempts to reset the password
Thank you