Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
alan2007
My Device: Blackberry 8310

blackberry curve 8310

I bought a blackberry 8310 and was wanting to switch it to Straight Talk service. It's unlocked and I'm wanting to know how to change the apn so it will work for straight talk.
Thanks, Alan
New Contributor
alan2007
My Device: Blackberry 8310

Re: blackberry curve 8310

Also how to add the WiFi network at home so it works on it as well
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Alan,

You have posted on the BlackBerry java development forum, I will see if I can get this question moved to the appropriate device forum:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/bd-p/Curve

Cheers

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's been a while, but if I recall, there is no wifi hardware on the 8310.

You would need to have the apn information for StraightTalk and you would enter it in Options >Advanced Options >TCP/IP.

That said, even with the apn entered most of the features will not work since a BlackBerry requires a specific BlackBerry BIS data plan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!