Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8330
My Carrier: verizon

blackberry curve 8330

I recently purchased a blackberry curve 8330, in fact I purchased several.  I was aware of the fact that the phone could not be charged using the usb port.  Taking the battery out and charging didn't bother me.  Then I found out that data could not be transferred without connecting physically with a usb cable.  You can sync the calendar, address book and other Outlook applications using bluetooth, but not transfer music, articles, etc.  It is such a shame that Blackberry would build such a find phone, which has the rep of being the workhorse of Blackberrys, but fail to make it possible to fully sync with Bluetooth, especially considering that few curve 8330 over a year old remain capable of usb use.  Some think this is a result of abuse to the usb connection, but I don't believe so, because the one I bought from a friend was working fine when he stopped using it and put it in a drawer for three months.  Then when he got it out and decided to sell it, he found the usb port was no longer working.  I believe the proble is a circutry weakness.  Anyway, I am not looking for an answer, just blowing off steam.  I probably will go back to my Palm which can be fully sync with cable or Bluetooth...a feature that Blackberry needs to check into.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: blackberry curve 8330

So, you're blowing off steam at RIM because you knowingly bought a device that was broken when you bought it?  Okaaaay....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8330
My Carrier: verizon

New it could not be charged by usb...what I understand is a common problem with 8330, don't know about others.  The phone cannot be fully synced because it is broken, but because it was made that way OKAAA!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

That is NOT a common problem.  If there was a problem with the device when new then it should have been returned/exchanged. 

I don't quite understand why one would complain that a device that they knew was defective when they bought it, doesn't work. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!