Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ladycazy
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

blackberry curve 8520 not working

[ Edited ]

my blackberry curve 8520 will not send or receive sms and calls.  is there any way i can reformat the phone so i can start from scratch again.   i have tried everything else including asking my provider forn help but nothing helps

Carol

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: blackberry curve 8520 not working

Has this problem just started recently or has it always had this problem? what happens when you try to send/receive sms or make calls?

Here are instructions for wiping the device. However, in my experience calls and sms are a network setting.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladycazy

Thanks for replying.   I have not been able to send or receive since 28th December.  Its driving me mad.  I have been on to Vodafone about 5 times with no result.  The have given me a new sim card but that made no difference.  i just dont know where to go from here,  If I decide to wipe the phone do you think it will solve my problem or if it is a netowrk problem will the problem still be there

Regards

Carol

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Did you change anything or do anything on that date?

My guess is there's little you'll be able to do on your end but it can't hurt to make a full backup using Desktop Software and then do the wipe and see what happens. Do you have another device you can put your sim card in and see if text messages show up?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladycazy

Thanks - I didnt change anything at all.   I have tested the sim card in another phone and it works fine so can only assume the problem is with the phone and not the network  i will do the wipe and hope for the best.   will let you know the result

Regards

Carol

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladycazy

Thanks so much - wiped phone - took ages to download everything again but at last it's all done and working properly.   Your help is most appreciated

Regards Carol

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Please mark the post that was the actual solution, if you would. You marked your own post as the solution. Marking the solution helps those searching the forum for similar problems.
Please use plain text.