Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: megan fflur Evans

blackberry curve 9300- not receiving texts and calls..... please help!

I've had my blackberry for about 4 months. Everything has been fine. But recently I haven't been getting texts. My light flashes to say that I have a text but I don't receive it! Also my calls always go straight to voicemail and I don't seem to have any alert saying someone is calling me.... I've tried rebooting my phone but I still have the problems ! And also how do you wipe? Thanks for reading! Please help meeeee!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G Smartphone
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: blackberry curve 9300- not receiving texts and calls..... please help!

Which operating system is currently running on your phone? OS 5 or OS 6.
New Contributor

Sorry, I don't kno what that means.... What is it? Its 3g if that helps....
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G Smartphone
My Carrier: Vodacom

Go to the following options > device > about device versions. The operating system should be found in the third and forth lines. If it is OS 5, upgrade to OS 6 and if it's already on OS 6, just reapply it.

"From your BlackBerry smartphone:
Update your BlackBerry® Device Software from your BlackBerry® Smartphone.

Select Options on your smartphone Home screen.
Click Advanced Options.
Select Wireless Upgrade and follow the instructions."

If it doesn't pick anything up or if it says your phone is up to date, try the following -

"From your computer:
Quick and convenient, you can update your BlackBerry® Device Software from your desktop computer.

Visit http://www.blackberry.com/update on your desktop computer and click on Check for updates. (requires Windows Internet Explorer v5.5 or later running on Windows)
Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable and enter your smartphone PIN.
If a software upgrade is available for your smartphone, select Options to add any smartphone software application"

Remember to backup your phone. I removed my memory card before I updated. This solved my problem when it did this to me, hope it helps.
New Contributor

I'm sorry but these options do not come up onto my mobile, is there any other way of knowing ?