Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
wila
My Carrier: 3

blackberry curve 9300 stops loading update

blackberry curve 9300 stops loading update when it reaches net_ rim_ bb_ phone source.cod
I have tried wiping with JL Commander & BBSAK & reinstalling software with bb installer & Desktop Manager but it stops in same place
it came up 507 error after first attempt at update,it now comes up with app error 200 reset
Many thanks for all help received

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry curve 9300 stops loading update

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

507 is actually often expected during an OS reload process...it simply means that there is no OS installed on the BB. Normally, unplugging and reinserting the USB cord will get things to go again -- do nothing else, just unplug and replug.

I'd suggest, with the 200, that you return to either BBSAK or JL_CMDER and re-do their WIPE, followed by the OS reload.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wila
My Carrier: 3

Hi Thanks for your prompt reply 

So when I'm reloading OS when I reach the point at which it freezes ( net_ rim_ bb_ phone source.cod) I should pull out USB then put it back in.

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

No, that is not what I said. Rather, what I said was that, when presented with the 507 during the process, unplug and replug the USB cord.

But, if your BB continues freezing at the point you reference, then you should instead use JL_CMDER or BBSAK to wipe and then reload your OS...and if, during the process, you receive the 507, then do as I've said.

If things remain challenging, then these two references may prove useful to your situation:

If things still continue to be challenging, then you may well have a hardware problem, for which no amount of OS loading can help.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.