Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

blackberry curve 9300 turning on and off

hiya

ive 'owned' my blackberry for about 2 months, however i have only had in my possession for about a week as there have been constant problems with it.

originally i sent it in for repair due to the tracker pad having a mind of its own, however now its been sent back again due to the battery.

it works for about 2 hours whenever I receive it back from the carrier, but after that it will continue to turn itself off and restart itself.

I'm really sick of sending it back and getting it back with the same problem, as obviously some carriers cannot be bothered to actually fix the problem, and so i was just wondering if anyone had come across the same sort of problem, and has any idea what i should do.

I am definitely not sending it back for repair and will just be leaving my network if a new phone cant be given to me, or if anyone doesnt have any ideas! Smiley Happy

thanks!

camilla

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: blackberry curve 9300 turning on and off

Hello camillab and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

It sounds like there might something in your backed up settings which could be causing this.

Here's what you can do:

1) Back up your BlackBerry data using the Desktop Software

2) Do a "clean" software reinstallation. KB11320 will show you how to do this reload. When it completes, your BlackBerry should be like it was out of the box (no emails, contacts, etc) but your 3rd party applications should remain (as in anything you downloaded from App World)

3) Start using your BlackBerry as you would when it would start to randomly shut off (you are not to restore ANY data yet - use it blank)

4) When you go to restore your data, restore essential data (which is usually Contacts, BBM, Calendar, Emails, Memos) - things like alarm settings, sound settings is recommended you configure new

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.

Cheers,

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: 438-825-5143

Re: blackberry curve 9300 turning on and off

I have the same problem as the thread starter. I also followed your instructions, it did not work out. Before I had this problem, my track pad would only work in certain places on my phone, such as the search bar. It would not move no matter what on the home screen. Now that I have followed your instructions, and rebooted my phone, I am stuck on the home screen, where the User Agreement showing itself. I can't scroll down to agree and get rid of it because my track pad isn't working. I'm considering going to my phone company and getting it replaced, but I want to try everything before doing so..