Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
me9za
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

blackberry curve 9320 battery problems

I bought a new blackberry curve 9320 and am so disappointed with the battery. The battery drains so fast! And gets so hot I feel it in my hand. I switched on the battery saver turned down the battery backlight but still. Am also in a good 3G coverage area but still it gets hot :smileysad:. Someone have a solution? When I search the net everyone is having the same issue. I don't even have apps on my phone. I browse the internet, 10 min later the phone is too hot!
Tebogo j wesi
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: blackberry curve 9320 battery problems

Hi me9za

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try those Knowledge Base which might help in resolving your issues :

• KB14320 :  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  • KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Follow those and let us know if problem persist.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
me9za
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

Thanks for your response, and yes I did all that. I think this latest OS is jst 2 much for the blackberry curve 9320! it is running the battery like a slave. . . . Bt am glad listening to music doesn't affect the phone as I love music.
Tebogo j wesi
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi me9za

Its nice to know that you enjoy listening music on your BlackBerry . Follow those steps I hope you will get more out of your Battery ,Just don't leave any application open , Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open on any active website when not in use.Also turn off your WiFi , Bluetooth when not in use .If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
tgguy101
My Device: 9320

All this is correct, I just want to know, what is the average time I will be able to use the curve 9320 to surf on a 3G connection, I turned off my facebook and twitter apps and social feeds too from updating automaticaly that is how surfing time increased with all that my curve 9320 only lasts 2 hours while surfing on 3G with opera mini, is that a correct battery trend?, I just want to make sure my bb has no battery issues!