Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Developer
My Device: BB 9320, Playbook
My Carrier: All

Re: blackberry curve 9320 keeps turning off :(

my phone doing the same.its very annoying

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry Bold 9930 - BlackBerry Torch 9850 -
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

This is NOT a software issue. The electrical connections on the phone or the battery are dirty. Get a Q-tip and dip the Q-tip in rubbing acohol. Rub the q-tip on the battery connections and on the electrical connections for the battery on the phone. Let the phone and battery dry for at least 30 min before useing it. Try to only get the connections wet.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Forums Advisor II

Well, that's a shame wasteing a perfectly good phone that you could have fixed in 5 mins. BTW, I hope you did not get a iPhone because if the connections get dirty, you will have to rip it apart yourself, or spend lots of money for a repair shop to do it. Keep that in mind.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Forums Advisor II

My last message was in reply to ursla99.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Good day

I accidentally dropped my BLACKBERRY 9320 in water, is there any chance for it to fixed, because it's now 5 day my phone not working? I had to put it in the sun, for more than 2 hours but there was no difference.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Good day

I accidentally dropped my BLACKBERRY 9320 in water, is there any chance for it to fixed, because it's now 5 day my phone not working? I had to put it in the sun, for more than 2 hours but there was no difference.

Help
Forums Advisor II

Take the battery out and put it rice for 3-5 days. It could still be saved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you for your advice and comments!  Actualy I tried everything that you suggest and many other claimed fixes posted on this and other sites.  Cleaning the contacts exactly as you described made no difference, nor did using genuine electrical contact cleaning solution. Replacing the battery with a brand new one, no cure. Placing pieces of card to hold the battering in place against the contacts or flat, no cure.  Reinstalling the software, no cure etc etc etc etc.

It seems Blackberry should just admit there is a fault and offer a permanent fix otherwise they will continue to loose more and more business to other manufactures which is, not surprisingly, exactly what is happening. You are welcome to have the hand set if you pay shipping as it is just rubbish in my opinion.

I did not buy an iPhone, although I use Apple products in connection with my work and have found them very reliable.  In my experience Apple also repair or replace faulty items without question..... my Blackberry was 6 months old when it went wrong

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

My previous  post was most relevant to curve8530curve8330

Unfortunately the cure is to get another handset from another company.

Perhaps people who claim a cure should also post links to other users who have followed their advice and got a genuine permanent cure to the problem..........

My Device: Blackeberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom

I too have tried all of the above. I have taken my phone in for repairs at vodacom has been sent away to johannesburg head office twice! Every time i got my phone back, it would work for a month then back to the same story!! Eventually the 3rd time they admitted my phone can not be repaired and it is a big problem with blackberry, they have supplied me with a refurbished phone. I have. Not had any problems with this phone except for my memory history that cant keep anything. There was never anything wrong with my previous battery like i was told before to replace my battery. But i will not be refunded on my battery. I can honestly say, as soon as this contract ends, i will not be getting a blackberry again. I used to be a big blackberry fan,