Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: GiffGaff

blackberry curve 9360 Trackpad only working sometimes

I've been having issues with my blackberry curve 9360 with 1) the trackpad it won't move at all on the mainscreen but if i click for example the call button and scroll the trackpad works fine. 2) My blackberry keeps lighting up itself again no idea why.. 3) The unlock button rarely works, it also seems to have a mind of it's own.

I was going to have my trackpad replaced but now i'm wondering isit really an issue with the trackpad itself as it does work on the callpage but no where else. I've tried removing the battery and replacing it. 

Any advice would be great. Thankyou.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: blackberry curve 9360 Trackpad only working sometimes

[ Edited ]

How well do you take care of the device?  I'm not being critical, just want an idea of whether it gets knocked around, dropped much or not.   Depending on how a device lands, any drop can be fatal, but knocks and vibration can tend to increase odds of damage over time, I believe.

There is also moisture.  It doesn't take much.   People have reported issues from as little as a sweaty pocket, or a humid shower room.  Typical symptoms are keypad and button problems.  And of course permanent damage occurrs if the battery isn't removed immediately and the device thoroughly dried.

It sounds to me like you have multiple issues in addition to the trackpad.   The above may help you decide whether you would be wise to try repairing the device or get another. 

- Ira
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: GiffGaff

I've had it a good year and a half and it looks brand new, i've barely dropped it. It's never been dunked in water or anything of the sort so no water damage unless of course from the things you've suggested it could be from which i have no idea if it's happened.

Hmm i think i'll be investing in a new phone by the seems of things. It just has sentimental value as stupid as it sounds.. it was a present from a relative. 

Thankyou your help.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Good luck. Doesn't sound stupid at all.

BlackBerrys are typically very durable. I use them a couple years and then hand down to my wife, who then uses another couple years. But I don't have experience with the curve series.
- Ira