Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Malaysia & 9380

blackberry curve 9380 battery discharge

Hi friends, 

I have BB 9380, past few days I found a problem of battery discharge frequently within a couple of hours and also my BB 9380 heat-up from back side. I can easily sense heat from my jeans pocket. Please help what should I do..? I am using BB 9380 since June`12.

Please help. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: blackberry curve 9380 battery discharge

Hi there,

This is indicative of one of two things:

1. A faulty battery - see if you can try another battery in the phone to resolve this issue. A battery can become damaged from excess heat or cold, so try that.

2. A corrupted database/file - if replacing the battery does nothing to help, the issue may be due to a bad file that is causing excess processor usage. In this case, reloading the software on the device may help. To do this, follow the steps in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

I hope one of those solutions helps out!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Malaysia & 9380

Re: blackberry curve 9380 battery discharge

thanks...