Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nursemelisa
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

blackberry desktop manager download: "not valid win32 application" error? won't install

I have purchased a used blackberry 8330 curve. works great and i'd like to download the desktop manager as I believe I could sync a calendar of some sort w/ this program? I tried to download from blackberry website version 4.7 with and without media manager...same error comes up after 1/2 hr of downloading : ""C:\ProgramFiles\470_b050_english.exe    is not valid Win32 application"".  am I downloading the wrong program? I am pretty new at this smartphone stuff, so 'smartphone for dummies' instructions would be helpful. thanks a bunch! oh--I have windows xp edition on my laptop.

melisa

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: blackberry desktop manager download: "not valid win32 application" error? won't instal

Hmmmm. The files are pretty big. It seems like the download doesn't complete. After it finishes downloading compare the filesize of the download file with the filesize listed on the website. If the one on your computer is less then the download didn't complete all the way. Which browser are you using?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
nursemelisa

Re: blackberry desktop manager download: "not valid win32 application" error? won't instal

well, seems you are correct in your assumption. the file with media manager is supposed to be 216.594 MB and i downloaded 211MB. The file without media was supposed to download 81MB and only downloaded 14.4!! I am using IE 7 and windows xp w/ sp2. why do you suppose it isn't downloading everything? it will say 'download complete' and offer the 'run' box...that is when it says the error, when I click on run. I acts like it is going to install for just a minute and then the error pops up.

thank you for trying to help me!

Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]

Not sure why. Can you try using Firefox, or downloading it onto another computer, then transferring it over to the computer you want to install it on?

Also just to be sure, you're not running low on disk space are you? Try running a disk cleanup to delete any temp files, then reboot. Try downloading the application again.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 03-04-2009 12:01 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor
nursemelisa

thank you. I have another laptop w/ firefox on it and i will try that. I should not be low on memory b/c i clean my cache every couple days, but i think i have a program to do that too so i will try that as well. i'll let ya know! thanks again:smileyhappy:
Elite I
jmrmb80

If you're running Windows try going to Start | Run and type in (w/o quotes) "%temp%".

That should open the temp directory where the software may be trying to install to. If the folder isn't empty delete it's contents and try again.

New Contributor
nursemelisa

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! It downloaded in 13 minutes and installed perfectly with firefox on my other computer. I think i will just switch computers (it is newer, just a little more bulky)...It is working FINE...desktop 4.7 w/out media manager (which i don't need anyway). I may still try to figure out what went wrong w/ this computer.

thank you so much!!!!!

Elite I
jmrmb80

AWESOME! Glad it worked out. We can try to further troubleshoot if you want to try out the other things we talked about.    :smileyhappy:
Visitor
carterjoyeux
My Device: blackberry 9500

help pls am downloading blackberry desktop manager and won't install, when a setup wizard shows me a dialog then i press run it,s show an error  "not valid win32 application" error? won't instal please i need your help it's worked blackberry that i puchased and  i wanted to download

the software in order to sync my bberry