Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Trusted Contributor
porcha24
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

blackberry desktop manager

i have a blackberry curve 9320 i have the desktop software could you tell me where i get the desktop manager

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: blackberry desktop manager

You can get the latest version from:

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: orange

Very good answer. But to my justified frustration, BB Desktop software hangs at downloading .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. I have used all the do's and don't given in the forums, emailed to RIM and they gave me another email ID telling me that this  problem concerns Desktop Software and not device. OKAYEEE!!!! I wrote to that other email, they gave me the same old tips and suggested me to ask this question in forums (so here I am)... OKAYYYEEEE!!!!!!!.... I posted this in a forum, and I get reply ".NET is a microsoft profuct..." Who is sane? If Desktop Software is unable to download .NET, what on earth is microsoft supposed to help with? RIM+Blackberry+Microsoft... ARE they REALLY COORDINATING WITH EACH OTHER OR PLAYING THE MUSICAL CHAIR??? O.K... if there is no definite solution in 10 minutes, I'm gonna switxh BACK to NOkia... You know what? Even a Java China phone doesnt give that much trouble. And on top of everything, NOBODY GOT AN ANSWER!!! BLEssINgS

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

The issue is with windows on your computer. Run windows update or do a search on the .net framework standalone installer. After that, you should be able to install the desktop software.
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

askersha3 wrote : 

BB Desktop software hangs at downloading .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. I have used all the do's and don't given in the forums, emailed to RIM and they gave me another email ID telling me that this  problem concerns Desktop Software and not device. OKAYEEE!!!! I wrote to that other email, they gave me the same old tips and suggested me to ask this question in forums (so here I am)... OKAYYYEEEE!!!!!!!.... I posted this in a forum, and I get reply ".NET is a microsoft profuct..." Who is sane? If Desktop Software is unable to download .NET, what on earth is microsoft supposed to help with? RIM+Blackberry+Microsoft... ARE they REALLY COORDINATING WITH EACH OTHER OR PLAYING THE MUSICAL CHAIR??? O.K... if there is no definite solution in 10 minutes, I'm gonna switxh BACK to NOkia... You know what? Even a Java China phone doesnt give that much trouble. And on top of everything, NOBODY GOT AN ANSWER!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi askersha3

Welcome to Support Forums

If you are running Windows or Mac update is your own part ,BlackBerry Desktop Software can't do that for you.If you had not yet switched to Nokia then visit Microsoft Support site and update your system .

Additional Information: 

KB17001 : BlackBerry Desktop Software requires Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to be installed.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
porcha24

the link you sent is for blackberry desktop software i already have this, its the desktop manager

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

I'm not sure what desktop manager you mean. The desktop software manages the blackberry device. What desktop manager are you referring to?

the device

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You might have to remove .net and after a reboot reinstall .net. I had to do same on a server last week. There are some other forums that detail this process.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Hi Porcha,

There is no Desktop Manager on the device. Just the Desktop Software for your computer. If you are referring to software that can back up your device info on the go, you're looking for BlackBerry Protect, which is available in BlackBerry App World.

If you are referring to something else altogether, you will need to clarify for us as there is nothing like a Desktop Manager on your BlackBerry itself.

(Note: The BlackBerry Desktop Software is often called BlackBerry Desktop Manager as well. Previous versions were referred to as BlackBerry Desktop Manager)

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.