Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jazanderson
My Device: curve 9300 series

blackberry id server connection

So I have the new blackberry cuve 9300 series from verizon, i have a lot of space left and the phone itself works fine. 

My question or issue is; when i try to sign into my blackberry id using my email and password that i created, a message comes up on the screen that says 'Blackberry app world cannot connect to the blackberry app server' 

what server is that? and does anyone have any idea why it will not connect? I have turned off my phone, reset my connections all of that but it still will not work. I'm frustrated and just want to be able to download from my phone.

Thank You

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: blackberry id server connection

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error message:

• KB20031 "BlackBerry AppWorld is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry AppWorld server. Verify your network connections and try again" appears when BlackBerry App World is started

Hopefully it contains something useful.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jazanderson
My Device: curve 9300 series

It still doesn't work :smileysad: I tried updating my paypal, re-installing app world. Nothing worked.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Do you have a full BB-level data plan on your account? That is required for AppWorld. I suggest you contact your wireless service provider and ensure that your account with them is adequate to enable AppWorld.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
ayodejiz47
My Device: tour 9630

Hi,my blackberry I'd server is delete I want to download another I problem of sin on app world blackberry tour 9630
hippyland
My Device: 8520

Why