Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry rebooting again and again

mohit20027 wrote:

the basic problam is that i dont have blackberry service center in my city here,,

can i take my device to a blackberry service center . will they repair it for me ? it is still in warrenty 

I do not know the terms and methods of support for you. I do not know the terms and methods of your warranty. All of those are contractual items between you and your original place of purchase and/or an authorized service center. BlackBerry extends a 1-year manufacturers warranty, but that is sold and serviced by others...BlackBerry neither sells nor services anything directly in this regard. Indeed, when someone purchases a BlackBerry, it is completely possible that the seller they purchase from extends warranty terms that are different from what BlackBerry would support...but those altered terms will govern the transaction as everything is directly between the seller and the buyer...BlackBerry is not directly involved in the transaction.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

mohit20027 wrote:

and one more thing . what will be the diffrence if i download the blackberry os 7 from any other carrier .. it is the same os i think 

Please re-read what I said in Message 16 above.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: vodafone

oh i can understand that . but i did not buy my device from any celleur company .. I directly bought it from RIM ..

just tell me if i take my device to blackberry service center .. will they able to solve the problam ?

Hall of Famer II

mohit20027 wrote:

oh i can understand that . but i did not buy my device from any celleur company .. I directly bought it from RIM .. 

That is quite rare, but if so, you should then also have been told, at that time, what your warranty terms and methods were. If not, then you should get back in touch with whoever at BlackBerry you bought it from to make the inquiry.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

mohit20027 wrote:

just tell me if i take my device to blackberry service center .. will they able to solve the problam ? 

Again, since I don't work for the service center nor for BlackBerry, I have no way to know what they will or will not be willing to do...only they can answer that question for you. Further, I have no way to know if they will or will not be able to solve the problem...it will depend on the results of various diagnostics.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

oh i can understand that .  i  am downloading a new version of the os . and am also going through the warrenty . lets see what happens now ..

i will let you know .. 

thank you sir . you  are really very helpfull :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II

You are very welcome! Not everyone feels that way, but I'm happy that I've been able to give you some useful information.

Please do update with how this goes for you. The process I gave you can be quite tedious, but it can help root out if the problem is hardware or OS...and, if OS, it can save you a trip to find a service center that will help.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

as i went trrough that warrenty page in my location , it says that i have one year warrenty so i guess i still have 5 months left .. 

now i will try to find nearest blackberry service center.

but i guess this blackberry curve 9220 has a major problam . as i read a post and some other guy was also facing the same problam . and he also tried all the possilbe solution still the problam at his end was also not solved .

i also tried the solution given at the crackberry.com . but atlast this problam is not solved even .

that solution might have worked for other devices but it is still not working for 9220 .

so there may be some major problam with this curve 9220.

and the company should take charge for it . but i dont know how to tell it to the company :smileytongue: .

thanks a lot sir . its really nice intracting with you . 

lets see what happens now with my device . 

:smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II

Well, 2 or 3 cases of an issue certainly do not a trend make...no device designed, built, and operated by humans can be expected to have a zero defect rate. Yours may be defective, or it may be an OS issue...without diligent testing, any conclusion is no better than a guess at this point.

From what I can tell, your choice basically is to try and conduct the tedious process I laid out and, if the problem is indeed OS, then it should cure it. If the process results in a conclusion that the problem is hardware, then you would seek out formal support.

If, however, you choose to seek out formal support now, then you are skipping the diagnostic process that may (and, I admit, may not) cure your situation without the task (yet) of seeking that formal support.

The choice is yours. Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

well i have tried almost every possible thing . i have 1 or 2 options left 

i will try them and than i ll go for support.. lets see..

thank you sir :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
My Carrier: globe

im having the same trouble with my BB curve 9220.. but mine doesnt start-up anymore... is there any chance of fixing this... :smileysad:   much appriciated if someone could help me fix this problem... :smileysad: