Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
arlesterc
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

blackberry synch with Google apps

I have a BB Curve 9300 software v.  6.0.0.526

I have a name/DNS/MX with a domain registrar - let's say my registered name is companyone.com

I have a Google Apps (paid) account - with the domain companyone - and various users associated with that
name such as administrator@companyone.com and user1@companyone.com, etc.

Cnames:

In the DNS settings  cnames there is a host entry:
googleffffffffc9f36862.companyone.com
google.com

MX:

MX entry has:

companyone.com LOCAL 5

Mailmaps:

In the mailmaps portion of the DNS provider site I have the following:

MAILMAP                     DESTINATION ADDRESS

*@companyone.com                user1@companyone.com.test-google-a.com

user1@companyone.com         user1@companyone.com.test-google-a.com

I am trying to get all mail going to user1 to also show up on my BB but have not had any success.
With the Iphone I just chose Exchange and entered my domain name, m.google.com for the server, user1
and the password for user1 and everything worked. (I can also get all Yahoo mail synched on my BB as well.)

On the BB setup there are choices for Gmail and Other. I have tried various combinations of
settings based on readings on the Internet but none of them work.The only way I can get access to my Google Apps account is via the browser - clumsy and slow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: blackberry synch with Google apps

Choose gmail, enter your user name (email address) and password and it should work, offering you the option for contacts and calendar sync as well. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arlesterc

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried  the Gmail route - no luck.

What exactly would the e-mail address be in my case - I have tried user1@companyone.com and I have also tried user1@companyone.com.test-google-a.com.  Remember I don't have a regular Gmail account. I have a paid Google Apps account and my domain is not one provided by Google but one I had preceding my move to Google Apps  - I just attached my preexisting domain to Google Apps when I signed on.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Looking back over your DNS setup, you don't appear to have Google Apps configured correctly? 

Are you receiving email in Google to your user@company.com? From my understanding of Google Apps it will not enable the Gmail aspect until the MX records are correctly configured. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arlesterc

Thanks for following up. I resolved this by choosing 'Set up another e-mail account'.  I entered the e-mail address and password I wanted to synch with on the Blackberry. The settings were rejected by I was then prompted to enter my own settings. I added imap.gmail.com as the email server and re-entered the e-mail address.  This time it took. Thanks for taking the time however.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

I would still suggest going back and checking your DNS Setup for Google Apps as the email MX records should be:

Blank or @ 300 MX 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 300 MX 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 300 MX 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Blank or @ 300 MX 10 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Blank or @ 300 MX 10 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM

There should be no need to set up a rule in the DNS records to forward user1@mycompany.com to user1@mycompany.test-domain.com

Please use plain text.