Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Glynzito
My Carrier: vodacom
Accepted Solution

blackberry to pc

hey can any1 help me, i wana find out if i can use my bis on my pc. and how do i go about doin that. Is ther an app that's availabl
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Re: blackberry to pc

Hi there,

If you'd like to access BIS on your computer, you may be able to do so via your carrier's BIS site (just do a search for "Carrier Name" BlackBerry BIS).

Now then, if you're looking to control your BlackBerry on your computer, check out a company called Fixmo. They have a solution that I think matches what you're looking for.

If not, please give us more info.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Glynzito
My Carrier: vodacom

Hey thanx for the quick replay, but I'm not sure what u mean.
Here's what I wana do. I want to use my unlimited data plan on my pc so I can browse the internet for free on my pc, so I don't use my pre payed airtime when I'm conecting to the internet
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Ahhh, I see! Thanks for the clarification. In this case, there are a few things to be aware of first. What you want to do is known as tethering. You can do this if your carrier allows you to do this, but typically most carriers don't with unlimited data plans. If you do tether without the ability, then you can be charged for all of the data, which could add up very quickly.

Now then, if your data plan does allow tethering (confirm this first with your carrier), you can follow the steps in the following KB article to get up and running:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24629

As a side note, if you start looking further into this, you might find a program that will allow you to do this regardless. But be aware that you may be charged for that data if your carrier catches on(some people have been charged thousands of dollars). So that is something to be aware of and should thus be avoided.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.