Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
shahryar_khan
My Device: Blackberry 8520

blackberry volume rocker

I have BB 8520 i have a problem with the down volume button......when on the homescreen when i press the down volume HI come and in the music player the music does not lower down while pressing also

Y is that

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: blackberry volume rocker

I don't understand what you're trying to say. What happens when you press the down volume on the home screen? Please don't use text-speak. Plain English works best for asking your questions on the forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shahryar_khan

When I press the down volume key when i am on the homescr...

When I press the down volume key when i am on the homescreen its show a msg HI 

when i try to lower the volume in the music player its doesnt lower the volume nothing happens 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: When I press the down volume key when i am on the homescr...

Do you have any 3rd party applications installed that you used to assign the volume down key as a shortcut/convenience key?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shahryar_khan

no i dont think so

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That's the only thing that would do this. You had to have installed an application that has affected it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shahryar_khan

what app is needed can u suggest me plz i am very frausted the volume is to high for headphone 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

The problem is likely an app that you already have installed on your device. I don't know what apps you've installed. Think back to when this started. What apps did you install just prior to that?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shahryar_khan

I formatted the phone  yesterday then i downloaded whatsapp truecaller and opera mini thats all

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Did it do it before you downloaded those apps?

Also, what is the full and exact message that comes up when you press the volume down button from the home screen?
Please use plain text.