Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tigress2108
My Device: Blackberry 8320

blackberry won't turn on after battery died

I left my charger at home when I was on a trip and my blackberry's battery was running low. I didn't turn it off and when my curve died, i assumed it was because the battery was too low and it died. When I got home I tried to charge it to the wall charger and.. nothing. Not even a blink on the LED. I left it for the whole night thinking it might take some time. The next morning i tried to switch it on, and nothing happened. I tried a battery pull and it also failed. I took out the memory card, sim card and battery, assembled them back after 30 mins and still nothing. Without the battery, when i put it the wall charger to the USB, there was a 10 second red light on the LED and the screen showed the no-battery symbol, so my charger is well and fine. I checked my phone and there was no water damages. Tried connecting it to my PC and nothing happened. Been using this curve for the past 5 months and this has never happened before. help!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blackberry won't turn on after battery died

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
tigress2108

hey.. thanks for the info. I tried it. Charged it for 2 1/2 hours and did a battery pull while it was still connected to the USB. nothing happened :smileysad: im starting to freak out! help!
JSanders

OK, try this below:

If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life.

Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
tigress2108

thanks for still attempting to save my BB

when i tried to run the app, it stated that the device cannot be found.

anyway i can get around it?

JSanders

Not good, but there are further fixes...

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Knowledge Base Updates
nadnovsar16
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G

Hey, this happen to me too.  I already use this BlackBerry for 2 days and that "thing" happened. I'm freaking out too but after that I did this to my BB:

1. take out your battery

2. take the wall charger and connect it to your phone

3. after you connect it, then you can insert you battery

4. click the turn on button (the red one) all the time.

5. and then just wait for a couple minutes, your BB will turn on again and charging

But when charging, don't turn your phone off.

That's all I know, hope it can help you. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
noeltim
My Device: Not Specified

hi after doing the steps above ive some trouble it requires me to reconnect my device but i cant seem to do so.. im able to go the app loader and install the os midway till then its trying to reconnect the jvm. please help. i did the steps for the jl_commander as well. but still not working

JSanders

Keep trying again, make sure your USB is connected to the main REAR usb port of the PC, not a front usb port and not a usb hub.

Try again.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
noeltim
My Device: Not Specified

im actually using a laptop

does it work while using a laptop?