Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Pattisalt59
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

blank screen and flashing light when plugged into charger

phone was low on charge and I let it run out, but when I plugged it into the charger all I get is a blank screen and flashing light.  How do I get it going again please.  

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: blank screen and flashing light when plugged into charger

Hello Pattisalt59

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If your battery has been drained Complely then it might take a few more hrs to Charge then usual, So leave it while connected to a wall charger for another 3 to 4 hrs , 

Or if you can manage a good fully charge BlackBerry battery then test it on your device , it will let you know if the problem is with your Battery or the device itself.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Pattisalt59

Thanks for you help, I'll leave it plugged in, its been on charge for about half an hour now but still a blank screen and just the led flashing.  I dont have another Blackberry battery in the house to test it with unfortunately.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Pattisalt59

If you drained the Battery Completly then let it charge for a few more hrs , Don't try to turn it ON frequently, after another 2 hrs to 3 hrs while your device is connected to charger you can try removing the battery from the back to to see if it responds for take a reboot.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Pattisalt59

Thanks again, will do as you suggest.  Just remembered my husband has a blackberry curve too so maybe he will let me swap batteries to check whether its the battery or the phone thats messed up when he comes in tonight, if the present charge doesnt work.

Elite II
prince2012

Yes  if you can test with another battery it will let you know  if the problem is within your device or the battery itself. If its the battery then let it charge  and if the problem is within the device then there are some methods you can try to recover your device , So let us know.

Good luck.

New Contributor
Pattisalt59

its still charging, the flashing light has stopped and its on a constant green light now, but still blank screen
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Pattisalt59

Now If green or yellowish light constantly flashing then its a good sign , you may have to wait a few more hours. 

New Contributor
Pattisalt59

[ Edited ]

the green light isnt flashing, its on all the time without flashing. I tried to phone it from my home phone and it just went straight to voice mail.  Still blank black screen.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Pattisalt59

Have you tried to remove and reinsert the Battery while your device is connected to a charger ? If not try it and see if it flashes .