Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

bluetooth synch issues

New to the BBerry family, used palm until now.  computer and BBry have paired but desktop manager | connections Bluetooth option is greyed out, can't select it.  Searched all the help I can and all I can find are solutions in case the units won't pair.  Any ideas out there?

Duh, I guess if someone wants to help, they'll need some info

BBry - model 8330

Desktop manager v4.5

Win XP v 3

USB synch works no problem (although I don't like that it checks all records for changes instead of maintaining a database of changed records only...)

ONE reply so far indicated to use native BT drivers, I'll try that, but is that logical if the devices have paired?  Having a hard time finding the windows drivers for BT.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bluetooth synch issues

Hi there!

I don't know if you already have them, but here are the official RIM instructions for using BT for DTM integration:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&slic...

Hopefully something in there will help you resolve this.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

This link appears to be broken
Hall of Famer II

Tech4Sr wrote:
This link appears to be broken

Hmmm...I just now clicked it and it opened the correct page. Sometimes websites are down for maintenance or otherwise momentarily unavailable. How many times did you retry and over what period of time? And what exactly was the response you received when you tried?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
New Contributor

My bad - its working now
Hall of Famer II

Tech4Sr wrote:
My bad - its working now

Whew...that's a relief. There have been some recent issues with accessibility to the BTSC...but it's good to know that it's working for you now. Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Just read the doc and implement the connection.  Its exactly what I wass looking for - Thanks again.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8320 / 9530

the thing about DTM... you have to have MS generic driver stack for it to work

most now seem to work off the toshiba stack, which DTM does not like

if you have Windows XP and your device DTM does not see your bluetooth and cant get it to work using above link, its probably because you are not using the generic MS stack

there is driver installation out there that forces your bluetooth to use the generic MS stack

it can be located here

scroll right down to the bottom, look for "additional Bluetooth drivers" and click on the download link on the far right