Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

brand new 9300 wont set up emails or download apps

I bought a 9300 literally yesterday, and I'm using it with my current contract sim (which includes data) until I can get a blackberry contract.
Apart from the fact that I was abroad this morning, had to turn off mobile services and use only wifi, and I couldn't browse past google (I did use the hotspot browser)...
I want to set up my email even though I read I can't get push until I get BB service. However I seem to be lacking the wizard. When I try to set up an email account I get asked whether I have something something Enterprise (which I don't) and can't answer anything but yes. There is a selected dot I can't de-select. So I can't use my email.

Also I didn't have App World, so I downloaded it from the browser, and now its in my menu. However if I try and log in with my BB account I get an error and the app crashes, even though the details are correct. So I can't download anything.

Please advise? Many thanks.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: brand new 9300 wont set up emails or download apps

Hiya!
In regards to your inability to setup email, you will only get the option once you have a valid Blackberry data plan on the account. Same with your App world.
Yes you can utilize yoru hotspot browser, but that is all. you NEED the Blackberry data plan to clear thru the RIM relay and connect to the BIS server.
Then you will have full joy.

Cheers!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Contributor

Well that sucks! Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the fact that wifi didn't work also has something to do with it?
Oh, and I couldn't upgrade to OS6 though the desktop app, I'm guessing this has also to do with not having a BB plan?
Forums Veteran I

No, your data plan has nothing to do with the upgrade, you can do this without a sim even in the device.

What happens when you try to update?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

Contributor

the error is:

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

---

so i'm guessing that means BB plan first.. :\

Forums Veteran I

Huh, that's new to me, I updated 2 blackberrys without SIM cards. But hey if its saying it, who am I to argue Smiley Tongue

Hope you get it all figured out soon!
Cheers

Contributor

yup, i got my bb service activated and it was actually the program to suggest the upgrade (before, i had to go find it) - and it worked. thanks!