Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
buderflyz
My Device: Curve 8330 Alltel
Accepted Solution

browser font

I've changed the font size in General Properties but, still have a tiny webpage view. Why is this?  Does the minimum font size have absolutely no effect on the webpage display or is my phone (8330 Alltel) the problem?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: browser font

Hi and welcome to the forums.  :smileyhappy:

Sounds like you are looking at it in page view. Hit the 'z' key (zoom) and it will get larger.  Look at general properties-default view.

Play with that setting to see what you prefer as your default.

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Initial view may be very tiny but can't you zoom it up so that you can read it?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buderflyz

I don't like the zoom view because then I'm scrolling all over the place to read and it is soooo cumbersome and frustrating. the question remains, does changing the font size in general properties have absolutely no effect on the webpage display?   Also, when I switch to column view the font is so big it is a pain to read! 

Btw, I'm really not a griping complainer all the time and thanks for the welcome. I am frustrated with this though!  I had a Verizon 8330 and did not have this problem. I gave that phone back to the ex, got my own at Alltel, and now I have this problem with viewing the web. I found one post about the same issue and the answer was not effective.

Any more ideas?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

In the general configuration settings there are two options:

1. For default font size 

2. For minimum font size

Try changing these to suite your needs

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buderflyz

I have found the answer.  My BB was loaded with the .127 operating system (I uust got this phone on Saturday). I upgraded to the .160 OS last night and no longer have this problem. It took ALL day to get to the bottom of this but, I am now much happier!

Thanks for your input,

Elizabeth

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

So you moved from 4.3.0.127 to 4 5 0 160 OS? And what changed to suit your needs? I'm still on 4.3.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buderflyz

Yes, I upgraded to .160. Interestingly my Desktop Manager did not find the update when I checked for it; however, after hours of reading different forums I discovered the OS was just released 5/28/09. Maybe that's why the DM didn't discover it. It was a fast download and the browser is much more pleasing to the eye as well as a lot faster, imho. None of the font selections I had made in GP of .127 worked. The upgrade fixed it.

Smiles,

elizabeth

Please use plain text.