Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

browset usage

I  must admit so some confusion on browser usage.

1.  First of all, to use the browser function with Verizon, do I have to first register with BIS?  Or is that registration for a different purpose?

2.  next-  I receive numerous emails with embedded fonts/pictures etc, including links to other sites.  My messages do not display these items and I see only the hypertext language.  Is there a setting I need to change or is it impossible to view these messages the way I would in Outlook?

Thanks. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: browset usage

for 1) I do not know.

for 2) you can see html emails (with inline images) only if the Handheld sofwaer OS of your Blackberry is 4.5 or greater. Otherwise, you'll just see text with URLs.

You can check that : Home screen >> options >> about
I have 4.2.2 for instance.

You can upgrade your Handheld OS, just read here :s

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807&jump=true

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: browset usage

[ Edited ]

I am on Verizon and have the unlimited data usage plan. There was nothing I had to do to enable the browser.

BIS is referring more toward the email settings for personal users, BES is for a corporate phone.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-24-2008 08:52 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter