Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
azzuni
My Device: Not Specified

calendar and holidays

hello all,first time bb owner 8330 and posting here.is there any way to put the holidays on the calendar? and also if you miss a call or message is there anyway to attach an alert to let me know i missed a call or message?thanks kevin 
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: calendar and holidays

Hi Azzuni and Welcome to the forums!

When you miss a call a message appears on your screen telling you that you have missed a call  "view or close

From your call log select options - call logging - checked missed calls. This will put your missed call in the message list.

Then you will also have a red star next to the icon for message list, and it will show the number with a goldphone "X"

meaning you missed the call.

Your messages will automatically put a star in the message list.

You can also set messages to ring a tone and flash the LED when you receive them. The LED will flash until you go to messages. This can be setup in Profiles Advanced Select profile Options Edit it will then show you the different categories for ringtones and LED flashes to be associated with each category.

As far as holidays on the calendar you can't from the BB that I know of.

Here's a link to get you started:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/

Hope this helps, and let us know if you need more assistance!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

What do you exactly mean by putting holidays in calendar? You can make a holiday event in your calendar to notify you. Regarding missed call notification Bifocals explained the required measures to be notified for calls, messages, messenger alerts etc. 

There is a service called Missed Call Alert which notifies you through SMS whenever you receive a call while your phone is switched off. This need to be implemented by your carrier. Contact your carrier support representative for know details of this.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

azzuni wrote:
is there any way to put the holidays on the calendar?

Hello,

it is possible but not directly on your Blackberry. Is your Blackberry linked to another calendar management tool like Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar ?

• If it is, for Outlook you have to configure your BIS or BES.
  • For Google Calendar you can install Google Mobile Sync that does just that.

Now, you can add holidays to an Outlook Calendar, or to a Google Calendar. First thing is to grab a holiday calendar ICS file. You can find numerous ones on the mozilla.org website :

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/holidays.html

• For Outlook, you have to download the file to your PC and then import the calendar file into Outlook.
  • For Google Calendar, you have to add a new calendar resource, in the options of Google Calendar.

Once it's done, you can sync with your Blackberry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
azzuni
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the responses ,the last post from Xandrex is what I think I need . I will give it a try.Thanks Kevin
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Glad you got the info!

Please resolve the thread by using the options over the kudo box. As the originator you are the only one who can!

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter