Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sandylj
My Device: Not Specified

call list & message deletion

What would cause my blackberry to clear my call list and messages on it's own? I have a 8320 and my service provider is AT&T.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: call list & message deletion

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have low free memory left on your device, The minimum is 15mb.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close.  This will allow only the applications you are using open, saving device memory for critical functions and making your device run smoother.

Get in the habit of cleaning the cache before leaving the Browser applications. Press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape, you will get a message saying cleaning memory.

If your device has the memory cleaning option enable it. Go to security - memory cleaning - enable it.

The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes, and you will have an icon on your screen to use.

Use this article by JSANDERS for short tem memory solutions, and JCARKS Memory Optimizer to give your BB the

maximum use of device memory.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.