Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
dmd31842
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: call log notifications

I was told the same thing. Instead of doing that I ordered a replacement from Sprint and it came within 24 hours. It was a pain to install those programs I had on the old one but I am not losing my call log anymore!:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harley516
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same problem where the one missed call icon has shown up, yet the call log and message folders are clear. Is there anything to do short of resetting the unit "back to the box" so I don't have to reload all my personal info? 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jnaz23

The onboard memory on the phone is limited.  The more programs you have installed (especially if running) then the more often you will have this issue. If you run out of memory your phone can a) freeze, b) erase all your text messages, c) get really slow

A few things that I have found to help (from other forums) with this problem on my phone:

1. Go to "Options:: Status"  It will show you "Free File" and "File Total"  If you have under 12,000,000 bytes of free space then your phone doesn't truly have enough memory to run optimally.  This means you have too many programs, or too much memory is used on your device.
  2. Go to: "Internet Browser :: hit blackberry button :: options :: cache operations"  Then "Clear history" and then clear content cache, clear pushed content, clear cookie cache.  This will free up a lot of space.
  3. Go to "Options::Advanced Options::Applications" And delete the apps that you don't use. i.e. I don't use brickbreaker or Notes, or Sprintstore, etc.  Also, delete the various language packs that you don't use. 
  4. Go to: "Camera:: Hit Blackberry button:: scroll to options:: click on Store Pictures" - Change this to "On Media Card" So that the pictures are saved onto your media card (providing you have one).  This will free up memory resources on your device.
  5. Go to "Media::Hit Blackberry button::scroll down to options:: set devide memory limit to 12mb:: set reserved pictures memory to 0MB" This will ensure that your device doesn't use up memory by saving media on to the device itself, rather it will store it on the media card.
  6. Delete any and all old text messages that you don't want.  However, if there are messages you DO want, SAVE THEM! (has to be done individually)  To delete all prior messages you can scroll to the date, and hit blackerry button, then "delete prior" - it will delete all messages before that date in that folder (do the same for sent messages).
  7. Finally, do a hard reset occassionally. (once a week)  This means removing the battery for 10 seconds, and putting it back in and waiting the dreadful 3 minutes it takes to boot back up.
  8. Repeat step 1 and see how much memory you freed up!

General "memory maintenence"

1. Do a hard reset often, especially if you think you have been browsing a lot of websites or sending/receiving a lot of texts.
  2. Clear your internet cache often.
  3. Delete text messages that you don't want to save, often.
  4. Instead of hitting the "back" button (the button next to the red end call button) to exit applications... click on the blackberry button (button next to talk button) and scroll down to "close" or "exit".  This will STOP the application, freeing up memory.  If you only use the back arrow, those programs will continue to run in the background, thus using your memory.

Lastly, make sure your device blackberry software is on the most current OS (operating system) possible.  Connect it to your blackberry desktop and see if there are any updates...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dmd31842
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Doesn't that check for DM updates? If I connect the device are you saying to check of updates with the DM or BB?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TiaRosi
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]
Did this issue ever get resolved to the original posters?  If so, how?  I have this problem after the wipe.  Thanks.
Message Edited by TiaRosi on 04-04-2009 12:37 AM
Please use plain text.
RbRydel

I had the same issue with my phone but finally resolved it.

Perform a wireless update of the blackberry software.

Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harley516

I Solved my own problem. I purchased a 2 GB media card and have had no problems since that day.:manvery-happy:
Please use plain text.