Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

xernna

call log notifications

I always see a star in the call log section but when I click on it, I don't see any numbers. I have no way of knowing if someone calls unless they leave a message. Why is this happening?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
GeeMrScience

Re: call log notifications

Are you also missing SMS messages as well? IE is your sms messages deleting quicker then they should?

If so, go to Options > Status > File Free and check the amount of Free Space available, write down the number and then pull the battery with the Blackberry on for 30 seconds. After it restarts, go back to Options > Status > File Free and it should be a larger number. Test it again and see if that eliminates that issue.

New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases - 

Call and SMS logs disappear when BlackBerry smartphone is low on memory

Email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry device

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Tanzim,

Excellent advice about redeeming device memory. I moved my pictures to the media card and it really helped.

What about the preloaded pictures, is there a way to delete them? I tried the regular delete process but it didn't work.

Wouldn't this free up more device memory?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante

A good program for freeing up memory on a blackberry is:

www.berryreview.com/2008/07/02/maxmem-free-memory-optimizer-free-5mb-of-space/

I tried it and it seems to work well.

John

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Thanks John, I'll try it!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mawnstroe

Once your memory hits about 400K (400,000 bytes) your Blackberry starts a little program called the "Low Memory Manager".  Its job is to keep your primary systems and programs working as smoothly as possible, and it starts deleting things it believes are unnecessary.  So, things like unsaved text messages, call logs and picture messages will get deleted.  It won't touch programs or your e-mail, however, neither will it start deleting pictures or anything not designated as "saved" (text or picture messages).
"Once you label me you negate me." Soren Kierkegaard

Tim J
Colorado Springs, CO
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iulichik

I have a question: Couple of days ago a "missed call" sign appeared on the desktop of my BB and wouldn't go away, even though I have no missed calls. I tried what has been reccomended in this thread, but nothing helps.

Doesn anyone have any idea how to fix it? people from cell phone repairs didn't know what to do, and it annoys me. Also, my messages don't delete by themselves and I checked the memory of the device and it has a lot of free space :smileysad:

what should I do?? Help!!!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante

If you have a one missed call icon on your device, having no missed calls, the call log is corrupt.  This happened to me, there is no way to fix it that I know of.  I had to switch my device out and that fixed the problem.  Remember you have a  one year mfg warranty aganist defects, including software defects.

Hope this helps.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iulichik

Thank you for the answer! So  what should I do? or to say it better: where do I take my phone (or send it) in order to fix it. I know its not a big deal, but it bothers me a lot!!!

Thanks

Iulia

Please use plain text.