Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Developer
New Developer
CAS
My Device: Not Specified

can I use Microsoft Active Sync??

I have BB 8350i, can I use MS Active Sync to sync to my desktop outlook, etc...?
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: can I use Microsoft Active Sync??

NO, you can't, Microsoft Active sync is for Windows devices, not for blackberry devices.

You can use Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync contacts, tasks, calendar and memos.

The Blackberry Desktop Manager Installation Cd is in the blackberry box, if you don't have the cd, you can download the application from this link

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Developer
New Developer
CAS
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks... I am running DM but it isn't working great for me.

Can you think of any reason why when I synced my BB with DM it wiped my desktop calander clean and put it all on my BB??? All settings are correct as far as a 2 way sync goes. It should have synced the 2 devices right? Also, I cannot get the calendar items back onto my desktop through sync. Email won't reconcile either? In fact, the option is grayed out... Any ideas?

I am on BIS with a MS exchange server email account

New Contributor
StormII
My Device: 9550 Storm 2

You can not use Microsoft Active Sync it self but you can use a third party program which i just began using called AstraSync which allows my BlackBerry Storm 2 to sync up with my company's server and they only support devices which can handle Windows Active Sync. With over 5000 employees to our IT directors knowledge i am the only one with a BlackBerry getting company email to my smartphone.

The trial will run for 7 days then it will cost you $49 a year for the service. I would check out the trial and see if it works for you. I just changed from the 8350i to this 9550 and love it.

If you download the program call them and ask for support and they will help you get it up and running.

i hope it works for you

cathykulee
My Device: 9650

I heard Blackberry 9650 allow Microsoft Active Sync. Is this true? Please confirm. Thanks.