Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: curve
My Carrier: Sprint

can't unlock my phone using the correct password

I can't unlock my phone and I'm using the correct password. I'm at my final attempt to enter the password or ALL of my personal information will be lost!! I just got off of the phone with customer service and was told basically I'm going to lose all my business contacts & personal notes that I entered this morning during my morning meeting and that it's my fault because I didn't back it up!!! How the heck can I back up my device while during my company meeting?? I'm the owner and I have many notes and etc on my device that I put there this morning!!! Now I lose money because I can't get my information. I'm so ticked off right now!!! Customer service wasn't helpful at all...he just blamed me for my problem!! Never mind the fact that the darn phone keeps turning itself on and off randomly!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: can't unlock my phone using the correct password

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is no way to bypass the user-created device lock password. Further, with only one attempt left, you must guess as to which method you want to try...if you had more attempts left, then perhaps you could try multiple things...but, with just one try left, you will need to be very lucky indeed.

Batt-pull reboot -- with power ON, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait. If somehow the keyboard is not in proper default condition, this might reset it so that you can properly enter your password.

Desktop Software -- if you have ever previously connected to your PC and know how to enter your password via the PC keyboard, then do so now. The password attempt "counter" is the same regardless of input method.

What quite often happens is that there is a mixture of different characters in your device password, and perhaps have not noticed how you must enter those on the BB keyboard. For instance, if your password is

• ab123

and you enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

Again, I cannot advise you as to which method to attempt...but you only now get one chance to get it right. Depending on if you had BB Protect configured for automatic backup, and depending on if what data you need is part of that backup, you could wait until that has completed before making your final attempt...at least that way, your data would be backed up before your BB wipes clean. Or, if you are on BES, you could talk to your BES admins about them conducting something from the BES server side...you never know what "tricks" the BES admins can do.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: can't unlock my phone using the correct password

i went through that exact experience and what saved me was entering the password, which i knew, on my laptop with the BB connected