Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
amrovor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: fido

cannot access app world, yet app is running

i've had this problem with several versions of app world, and the fix seemed to be delete and reinstall and it would finally work. not this time.

app world informed me of an update, with the splat, so i click on the icon and app world won't come up. check running programs, and app world is running. cannot bring it to the forefront to use, or close. since it was running it drained the battery fast, so the only option was to delete it. had to delete with either desktop software or the app management. i used to be able to reinstall an older version with desktop software, but now app world doesn't even come up as an installable option. i read a while ago that there was an issue with bbid, so that was deleted too. no luck.

how do i get ANY version of app world running on my 9300 now? device software is up to date.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: cannot access app world, yet app is running

Hello amrovor,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Please attempt reinstalling BlackBerry World by going to www.blackberry.com/appworld on your device browser and restart upon completion.

Let us know if this resolves the issue for you. 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amrovor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: fido

Re: cannot access app world, yet app is running

Reboot, restart, battery pulls have no effect. I used to be able to install an older version with the desktop software, but even that option is gone

Please use plain text.