Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
aditya_gudla
My Device: Blackberry curve 9220

cannot find search bar on my blackberry 9220

Hello,

I bought blackberry curve 9220 5 days back at universal mobile store. It is cool, no heating isses or hanging problems as many said.. But I'm not able to find search bar  ( the one below time indicator bar). I dont knw wats the problem.. I have only Bebuzz third party application installed. Can u please help me out.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: cannot find search bar on my blackberry 9220

Hi aditya_gudla

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Apart from BeBuzz have you installed any new  theme for your device ? If yes Uninstalling that theme might solve the problem, and also as an first step you can try a Battery pull Restart like this  While Device is POWERED ON  remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till your device take a long Reboot. see if that resolves the problem.

Prince

________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aditya_gudla

I have no other theme installed.. and when I am restartin...

I have no other theme installed.. and when I am restartin the device it is showing the bar for some 12 hours .. but again it is turning invisible... I'll try as u said next time again I face the same problem.. thanks ..

btw is this a software bug or an option available on BB??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Re: I have no other theme installed.. and when I am restartin...

Hi aditya_gudla

Sometime Installing an Unknown  theme can create the problem you are having but you had not install any ,When you are unable to view that Search Bar on your Homescreen  have you tried to move your Trackpad over that field  ?

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aditya_gudla

yeah I tried to move but stil I cant see the search bar

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi aditya_gudla

That Search Bar or The Bar where we get Notification is an integral part of our BlackBerry  ,As you had not Installed any theme on your device I don't see any other reason but a software issue. And to rule that out you can try Relaoding your device Software.So do a complete Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then reload your device OS. For further Instructions look at this Knowledge Base :

KB12487   : How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.