Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9320

cannot get into bb I'd

I forgot my blackberry I'd and research question answer for bb 9320! I went online and tried to get through but after 10 attempts wasn't able to get into bbm for 15mins everytime I try!!
Now I was able to change my password while keeping my email but everytime I try to they say "enter the username associated with this smartphone" I don't know what to do anymore! Is it because I tried like 30 times before to enter a password
Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: cannot get into bb I'd

Hello Daneille

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If we enter too many wrong password ( 10 attempts )  for our BlackBerry ID then as for security purpose it will lock itself ,please check this Knowledge Base ;

KB24157 : BlackBerry ID Lockout Behaviour .

In that situation we had to reset our password which fixes this issues, but as you told you had attempted almost 30 times I think that's the reason for this problem ,you can try this KB to reset your password again :

KB26361  : How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

Or you have to follow this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue.:

KB28429 : "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.