Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: cannot record video on blackberry curve 8310

Ok the first thing you want to do is a Backup of your 8310. Have you done backup before?

When you load a new version of the OS it will wipe out your current information. Calendar contacts ect. As well as any third party apps that you may have.

Once you have a good backup follow this procedure to load the new operating system. It's from the BB knowledgebase.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Good Luck and let us know how it comes out!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

ok...im really dumb...i finally realized that i have my bb desktop manager at the latest version i just dont have a clue how to upload that version to the phone my phone still has the version 4.2...can u help me learn how to upload the new version to phone???thank you for being patient!!!
Guru I

Your not dumb! If you were dumb you wouldn't ask for help!! We were all like you when we started.

Ok back to business, the release of OS 4.5 for your phone has been given from RIM to the vendors. The vendors test it out with their phones than release it. You will find it on your carriers website, when they announce it.

If I were you, I would wait for the "official version from your carrier. That way you will get a "clean" version of the system, AND it will be supported by your carrier. Send me the name of your carrier and I will send your the website to watch.

OK?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

thank you for not making me feel even more dumb!!! :smileyhappy: my carrier is at&t and i just go the phone in june im guessing it was the latest curve to have come out at the time....

Guru I

Ok here is where you will get it when they release it. Keep watching these forums, cause it will be big new when they do.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Check out blackberry 101 and Crackberry 101, makes starting out a lot easier!

Now run along and go be smart :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Please take a minute to resolve the post by using the options on the right, appreciate it!

Contributor

thank you very much!!! the website i went to showed me that the handheld device version is still 4.2 so i may have to wait for those version to upgrade...thank you so much for your help and patience!!! until the company upgrades to the newest version i will come back then :smileywink:

Guru I

COOL!