Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

kyleigh
My Device: 9320

cant get into my blackberry id or email

hi ya i need some help i had a up date of bbm once updated i was asked to log into my id i tried to do this but it didnt reconise my password i have been trying all the passwords i would use and none seem to be working ??i have tried re setting my password but it is sending it to my blackberry account which i can not get into could any one help me plz x

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: cant get into my blackberry id or email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In your condition, access to the email account associated with your BB ID is required, and that access further must be from OTHER THAN your BB. Given what you say about the email account the reset emails are going to, perhaps this applies:

• KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
kyleigh
My Device: 9320

hi ya none of that is working either am really lost on what to do so all help is welcome thanks x

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You realize, I hope, that the KB I linked for you has many many steps, and several different procedures. Hence, "none of that is working" pretty much tells me nothing.

You need to do something first...confirm if the KB even applies. All you said in your original post was "but it is sending it to my blackberry account"...is that an @BB or @carrier email account? If so, then the KB applies...and you need to actually attempt the steps that the KB lays out...the steps do work, so some step must be problematic for you, but when all you say is "none of that is working" I've got absolutely no idea how to help you...you need to be more diligent and explicit with your responses...

Please remember, all I have to go on is what you say...so you need to be explicit, detailed, and accurate. For instance. instead of "none of that is working", please try the steps and then post back with exactly what happens in each step...maybe from that we can make a guess to help you.

But, again, you first need to confirm if that KB even applies...if it does not, then we need to move onto some other solution path. But, from "none of that is working", I've got no ability to make any useful guess whatsoever.

Please help me to help you...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.