Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ehr1967
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

cant install my media card

I feel like an **bleep**.  I just purchased a 2GB microSD media card for my BB (Curve 8330) and i can't get the #$*&#( thing IN.  I've taken out the battery, i've unlocked the media card door, but when i slide the card in with the contacts touching, the door won't close, much less lock.  I've even had my 13 year old try to do it and he can't figure it out either.  I don't think i've put it in wrong...it won't even go IN the other way.  What else can i do?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ragorman
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: cant install my media card

I believe the card mounts IN the door. There are slots that the cards fits into. Line up the contacts, put the card IN the door slots and close.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
starstream

I had a similar problem and took it to a watchmaker (they are used to working with small) and he fixed it.

If that does not work, have him remove the sliding mechanism and then use masking tape to keep the card in place. Low tech but it works. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ehr1967

IN the door!!!  THANK YOU!!!  That worked!  :-)
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Ragorman is right. The memory card fits in the "door" first and then the door closes. Kinda like the way you would put a cassette into the door and then close it. You should see little notches on either side of the "door" when it is open. Just slide the memory card into those grooves then push the whole thing down and push over the locking mechanism.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ragorman
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

de nada...
Please use plain text.