Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
iamleideleon
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: globe telecom
Accepted Solution

cant update bb id

[ Edited ]

hi ,

i have a situation, i cant update my bb id on my phone (8520), i bought this phone from another user and his information is still the one that the phone is verifying. i get an error message: enter the username associated with this smartphone. I think this is also the reason why i cant receive and accept invitations when my friends add my pin for BBM. I  cant even setup my email accounts, when i get to the email setup page i get this error message: your email account is already activated for enterprise use, but im not using any company email and i've done setting up my email on my old bb 9000 before. pls help me on this, i dont know what to do. I already have my BIS activated but im getting this kind of errors..you can send me an email for any support possible , here is my email account : <removed>

thanks and hope to receive a feedback with you!!!

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: cant update bb id

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Time to take a step back:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

The seller must complete their steps first before you attempt to use anything.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
luvjones
My Device: Not Specified

I once had same problem when I had same phone.this is how l solved it.go to Options,advanced options,service book and delete Blackberry Identity [BBID].After this then deleted yo App World and reinstall it again.after this App World will ask u to install new an I.D update after which you will enter yo BB I.D or create a new one if you don't have.l hope this solves your problem
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iamleideleon

thanks for the quick response ..i'll do those steps once i get home
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iamleideleon

thanks for the quick response ..i'll do those steps once i get home...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
luvjones
My Device: Not Specified

To delete the email accounts simply use the same steps l advised earlier to remove bb id.. Options~advanced~service book then delete all emails accounts that you see there.the main issue really revolves on the previous owner Blackberry I.D that needs to be deleted and be disassociated with that handset
Please use plain text.