If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
penotter
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: MTS

changeing BlackBerry ID

My husband and I both recently purchased new Curve 9350 phones. i previously had a BlackBerry and set up my phone with my BlackBerry ID then proceded to do the same with his phone. I didn't realize that we wouldn't be able to recieve email from the same email address (a shared work account) on both devices using the same ID. I have signed him up for his own ID but now I can't figure out how to switch ID's on his phone. Any idvice?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: changeing BlackBerry ID

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

But for one specific type of email address (i.e., @carrier, @bb), you certainly can have multiple clients all accessing the same email account; from the BB-side, there is no restriction. Further, each BB must have its own BBID account, with its own BBID credentials...but the BBID does not, per se, have anything whatsoever to do with receiving email on the device.

Here is what you must do:

1. Decide which of your 2 BBs will have the BBID account you have already created
    • On that device, complete all further configurations for that BB to access the email account(s) you desire
  2. On the other device, conduct the on-device WIPE so as to remove it's association to any BBID account
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  3. Proceed to creating a new BBID account for this other device
    • Yes, each BBID must use a different email account so as to remain uniquely identifiable to the BBID system, but this will not impede both devices from receiving emails from the same email account. It's just that each BBID must be unique, as configured via email address (e.g. username)
  4. Now complete the configuration of this device for access to whatever email account(s) are desired

Make sure that, as you create BBID accounts, that each BBID has a unique username (email address), and the email address you use (as the BBID account username) needs to be accessible from other than the BB itself (e.g., use GMail, Yahoo, etc. so that you can use their webmail interface from a computer). There are situations where a BBID can need to be reset, and you will need access to the associated email account from other than the BB in order to complete the reset process.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
penotter
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: MTS

Got it figured out, thanks for the help!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.