Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
graygrannyonate
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

changing default browser to Opera Mini

I would like to change my default browser to Opera mini. Even though Opera was installed on my BB months ago I can't seem to change it.  I do get to the option of default browser, but then can't see Opera as a choice to change to.  There are no choices for change.

Thanks for any help!

Debbie

Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: changing default browser to Opera Mini

graygrannyonate,

This won't be possible unfortunately. I use Opera Mini as well and because it is a 3rd party software it can't integrate with the rest of the applications that are developed by RIM.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Contributor
steneo
My Device: Not Specified

hey just a quick question, did you get the solution or did you settle to the default inbuilt browser? BB does integrate with opera mini even though its a 3rd party software. its possible to choose it as a choice of browser to open a link with. 

anyway i'd like to know if its a waste of time searching the boards for a solution.

tnx 

New Contributor
StirnaGun
My Device: BlacBerry Bold 9900

On my BB Bold 9900 option for choice of browser appears only selectively. You have it on FB app, but not in messages and emails. Should it be so?

New Contributor
skyguy
My Device: curve

How do you chose to use opera to open a link. I've tried to set it as my default browser with no luck. It does not even get listed as an option. Bb browser is the slowest most battery draining piece of **bleep** there is. I would like to remove it from my phone completely. The reply that it won't work because it is a third party application is bogus. What they really mean is that bb won't work with another developer to allow full integration into their phones. That is why firefox decided to drop their blackberry mobile project.

I am soon to make this piece of **bleep** into a paper weight and go with android. Rim is sinking and are completely unresponsive to their customers issues. I can switch my default browser to wikipedia, and shop, which are not even browsers, but I can't upgrade to one that works and fully integrate it into my operating system because its 3rd party and rim does not want to give out that kind of power to an outside company. Rim is bleeding customers like a stabbing victim and their share prices are plummeting. Their tablet flopped and they don't work well with others. I can't see them being in business for more than another year or 2.
New Contributor
covlove
My Device: curve 8530

"Open in opera mini" will only be displayed if email link is displayed as "www".  etc.  To do this, scroll over link ( i.e. link says "click here to visit website"). press menu key, then select "get plain text". the link will then change to "www. whatever" and "open with opera mini"  option will now be available in menu!