Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: t-mobile

chat history

I put my old sim card and old memory card into my new blackberry 9360, but now I cannot find the bbm chat history. When I open a chat, it says 'this chat has no subject...'

How can I get my chat history back?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: chat history

hey i have one thing that might work for you. if you have all the same contacts or just want some chats back plug your old bb into the pc/laptop so you can view it on there then go to the folder blackberry then the one called im then keep following the bbm folder till it gets to the history one and in there every chat youve had will be in that folder just copy the folder to your documents then paste it on there so you can take your old bb out and still have the chats on your computer then plug your new one in and follow that same folder and put the chats you want into the folder history on the new phone. let me know if this works :smileyhappy: did for me
Regular Contributor

My old bb won't give me the option to connect it to the laptop because there is no sim card inside it ....unless i have to swap sim cards again?

Contributor

it shouldnt need a sim. if you have a password on your old bb plug it in then give it a second or two and it should come up on your phone with 3 options hit the top and type your password in. 

Contributor

It shouldn't need a sim. If you have a password on your old bb plug it in then give it a second or two and it should come up on your phone with 3 options hit the top and type your password in. 

Regular Contributor

i've plugged it in and waited for the three options quite a few times but it isn't coming up

Contributor

Can you try with the sim in then?
Regular Contributor

i tried wat u sed but it dusent seem to have worked for me :smileysad:

Contributor

im not sure how to get it working but if you can just try that. good luck.